Tuesday, May 4, 2010

"Coffee Break"





Sharing my thoughts along with my morning coffee.





Yesterday I had my meeting with my oncologist. My PET scan was clear. His words: "No sign of cancer." Instructions: Continue medications - next round of testing in six months.

Terrible weather all around us. Tornados on the ground from Albertville to Fort Payne, AL. That's about an hour southeast of us. Flooding in the Shoals about an hour to our west. Nashville downtown devastated by flooding. The Tennessee River (about 3.5 miles from us) is out of banks and the "landing" is flooded.

In our little corner of the world there's no weather damage. The birds are singing. The grass is growing. The flowers are blooming. We have so much to be thankful for.

Our youngest grandchild, Mav, who now lives far away is now two years old. We wish we could have him (and his mommy and daddy) here to play and eat on gathering days. We miss you lots of lots.

Our cat is laying in the backyard watching two chipmunks play. She is interested in everything but all wildlife is safe with her. Her mantra is "Live and let live."

The morning sun is shinning through the trees, the house is a monumental mess, the yard needs work, both cars are in need of cleaning, and I'm cancer free (at least for now). All is good.

Sorry for the disjointed post but that's just how it is with me this morning. I wish you well.









6 comments:

Sarah said...

Hi Nana,

It is great to hear the words "cancer free"

We miss all of you tons! Mav had a great day of turning two! Everytime he was wished "Happy Birthday" he would wish that person a "Happy Birthday" right back, too cute:) Buddy and I had about twenty birthdays in three days, just what we needed LOL!!!!

It is amazing how fast he is learning - he is able to count to 13 already and learns new things everyday. Harry and I just look at each other like "did you teach him that?" and just shake our heads, he soaks up everything.

Love, Hugs, and Kisses to Papa and you. - Sarah

Mary said...

Sarah, it is sooooo good to have you comment here. We miss you but understand. Also, we're so proud of you for landing a wonderful job. Your little family has done so well!!!

Looking forward to pics. How did Mav manage the trampoline? He's growing up too fast. Give him a big, big hug from Nana and Papa.

Love to you all.

Golden To Silver Val said...

Oh Mary, this is wonderful news.....thank God. Thank you for sharing it with us. God Bless you and yours. I know you join with me in saying prayers for all who have been affected by this devastating weather and flooding. Take care.

happyone said...

Such great news!! A prayer of thanks for you.

Tee said...

Cancer Free! Wonderful report.

I think I'm going to have to rent a couple of cats to thin out the chipmunk population around my house.

SOUL said...

hey if you're only 'disjointed' in the morning? you got it made :)) that's me all day long :))

and hey-- no cancer ! that's the best news i've heard in a long time!

hugz!!!