Saturday, February 4, 2012

Another Week Gone

Earlier today I did manage to change my header pic to one from the Opryland Hotel Atrium in Nashville, TN.  Harry and I enjoyed our time at the Ryman and in the Hotel labyrinths.  Lots to see - something new around every bend.  I tried to post a few pics but something went very wrong and I gave up.  I'll try again later.

I'm still spending hours and hours each day in my brace.  We named it The Rack.  Not fun to wear but it does give me lots of reading time.  I did really well on our trip.  I managed to walk with almost no pain and with only a slight limp.  Therapy suggested that I wear more substantial shoes and I'm trying.  I HATE the look but it makes walking more comfortable. 

The boys will be here tomorrow and we'll be so glad to see them.  I'm sure the Super Bowl will play a part in our day.  As for me, I want to listen to everything the grandboys have to say.  They are growing up.  Time moves too fast.   Both boys had all A's on their report cards.  With Space class, Robotics club, Student Council, Karate, and more friends than I can count its hard to imagine when they have time for homework.   Can you believe that elementry school has student council?  Times have changed since this old gal was a kid.  I never heard of student council until I was in high school.  Country bumpkin, that's me.

It's getting late and I gotta scoot off to bed.  Thanks for stopping by.  My best to all.

16 comments:

Jim and Sandie said...

Isn't the human body an amazing piece of machinery. But boy when something goes wrong it's a lot of work to get it back in shape again. But it definitely sounds like you are making great progress. Keep it up.

Tee and Hubby said...

Love your new header. Nashville is a neat place. I could live there very easily.

Hope you will be feeling well soon. It's hard when our bodies make us hurt.

SOUL said...

happy to hear you had a good time. hope you fun with the boys too.
thinkin of ya my LBF
i hope all is well in your world -

Tee said...

Hope you are safe. Watching the weather closely since this afternoon and saw Huntsville had a second round of storms. They are headed towards us after midnight. Will probably "sleep" in our clothes clutching the weather radio.

SOUL said...

Het there- just chechin in.. Did the tornadoes hit your area? I been waitin to hear fromyou.. Check?

Josie Two Shoes said...

Come and play One Question Wednesday with us Mary, it's fun!
http://www.josie2shoes.com/2012/03/one-question-wednesday-time-again.html

happyone said...

It's been awhile. Just stopping by to say hello and hope all is well with you and your family.

Josie Two Shoes said...

Hello, hello... anybody home here?? I was going thru my blog roll and realized just how long it's been since we've heard from you here. Hoping and praying all is well in your lives, please check in and give us an update!

happyone said...

Hi Mary! Hope all is well. We are moving once again. This time to western Maryland.

happyone said...

Hi Mary,
Been thinking about you and hope all is well.
We are moved and settled and love living in the country. My walk now is among corn fields and the cows. : )
My best to you and your family!

SOUL said...

Psssst... I lost ya.. Come find me. ???

happyone said...

Mary,
Just want to wish you a very happy and merry Christmas.
Hope all is well with you and your family.
Love,
Karen : )

Josie Two Shoes said...

I saw your blog on my blogroll today, and realized how long it's been since we've heard from you. I would love an update!

Jamie said...

Mary --- you've been on my mind. Please write and let us know how you are. Much love and hugs. xo

happyone said...

Hi Mary it's been a very long time. Hope you are all well and happy.
I've let my gray hair grow in and got in cut short. I've just noticed each time I've left a comment here, I have a new picture. : )

SOUL said...

Mary mary quite contrary. Where have you been? How have you been? I’ve lost every bit of your contact info... do you still have mine. Message me on Facebook and let me know you’re ok.