Thursday, August 20, 2009

Check List and Other Stuff

Surgery One - Complete
Surgery Two - Complete
Healing - Complete
Mapping Radiation - Scheduled for 21 August
Radiation - Begins 26 August - Duration 7 Weeks.

So far, so good. I get tired but some of that is caused by cabin fever. Nothing permanent wrong with my health.

OK, that's out of the way. Now on to better subjects.

Both the boys LOVE school. Jesse's word is "Awesome" - James' is "Wonderful" Jessie is fond of recess and James loves eating in the lunch room. All is well on that front.

Jesse came to play after school yesterday and we had a good time. Papa played hide and seek with him. He and I watched a neat movie staring Dustin Hoffman. It was about an old man who ran a magic toy store. I asked about homework but Jesse said that he was waiting for James to get home from music so they could study at the same time. When James came in (after music) he was really upbeat. He played a "hard song" solo and didn't make a mistake. They left with hugs and kisses for Nana and Papa and with happy chatter. They were looking forward to a big dinner of red fish (that's what they call salmon).

One of my long time friends is having her daughter's wedding this Saturday evening. There will be 300+ guests. I told her that we'd try to be there but I think we'll stay home and wait for the video. I don't think I feel up to shaking hands, smiling, and spreading sunshine on a bunch of strangers who don't give a flip about an old worn out woman. I know everyone will be nice and I'd enjoy the event under different circumstances. Getting to be an old hermit, aren't I?

Being an old hermit means that I have very little of interest to share with you so I think that I'll just call it a night and go hug my pillow. (Harry's already asleep or I would hug him.)

Good Night and God Bless

4 comments:

happyone said...

Hope all goes well tomorrow - you know I'll be saying a prayer for you.
Nice to hear about the kids. I laughed at what they liked about school!
Sleep well.

Golden To Silver Val said...

I will be thinking of you too Mary. Prayers coming from the north too.

SOUL said...

just a howdy from a fellow hermit in texas. :))
i don't blame you for skippin the wedding. 300 people is a lot to deal with for anybody--- i'm sure you get a free pass on this one. don't fret.

laterz lbf-

Jamie said...

I am SO happy to see that you posted, and you can bet on prayers from the midwest, too. You please please please take care of you. Hugs. :)