Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Good Intentions

I tried to update my blog a wee bit. Why did I try? Heaven only knows! The whole effort didn't go very well. I intended to have the clam picture centered on the page. It didn't happen. I tried to move the picture OR the blog name to the left of the page. It didn't happen. Oh well, if nothing worse than this happens I'll have a good life. Maybe I can bribe Harry to work on the layout.

The picture is of my live Maxima Clam. I have a couple of other clams but this is the largest and most colorful of the three.

My problem with the radiation burn seems to be healing. I've been seeing my doctor every 5 days for a while now. It's been an ordeal but we can see the end in sight. A lot of credit goes to my private nurse. His name is Harry and he's the best.

This past Sunday''s gathering was like old times. I cooked a full meal, everyone ate, the boys played, the old folks watched golf and talked. We really enjoy gathering days. The only thing that would make it better is if Judy, Buddy, and their families could be here with us. Maybe someday . . . .

I hope I can/will keep my blog more active now that I'm feeling better. Until later, my friends, take care.

3 comments:

happyone said...

Glad you are feeling better now and that you had a great gathering day.
I think we all have blogger problems at time.
A happy Thursday to you!

Tee said...

So glad you are doing better. Those private nurses are jewels aren't they! When I had hip replacement my private nurse was wonderful. When I had to get up during the night to go to the bathroom he would have to get up and move my leg (for about a week). I felt so guilty having to wake him up, but he never grumbled.

Those computer problems drive me crazy!

Jamie said...

You really sound better, and I am happy that you are about through the tunnel with thay burn. Your clam is beautiful. How peaceful i must be to watch such beauty. I want to come to one of your gathering days...I miss my mom so much, and apparently she held our family together.

Have a wonderful week, miss mary!

Hugs, friend.