Saturday, August 28, 2010

Oh Happy Day

For a change I don't have anything to whine about. My surgeon released me yesterday. It's been a long time since I didn't have to see him at least once a week. There is no open wound nor is there any infection. I have officially cleared the radiation hazard course. I am on to other things - AT LAST!

Harry and I are going to take a short trip over Labor Day. It's, in part, a celebration of freedom from the past year and half. We are traveling to Orlando, Florida. Nope, Disney World, Universal Studios, and Sea World are not on our agenda. (We've both been there - done that.) We are going to attend a conference being held at one of the many resorts there. We are also going to make a short trip to the little town of Winter Park. It's a little village just north of Orlando. Lots of quaint shops, antiques, art, and a lovely town square complete with gazebo. Good places to eat and at least three breweries. Slower pace - just right for old farts.

Our oldest son, Joe, will be here running the ranch while we're away. He only has 600 plus gallons of salt water aquariums and one spoiled cat to care for. It should be a breeze. He has run this ranch several times and is an experienced rancher.

I hope everyone is well. Let me know if you're still reading this blog. I've been away for extended periods over the past several months. Bad blogger me.

My best to everyone.

4 comments:

Jamie said...

Congratulations dear Mary -- You DO have something to celebrate! I am still here, would never leave you. Have a wonderful, safe time over the holiday. Big, big hugs. :)

Smocha said...

Glad to hear that you are done with that and on to bigger ,funner things now :)

That village sounds great. Have fun and don't forget to take lots of pictures for us .

happyone said...

If you post, I read it. :-)
Glad to hear you are doing so well.
Sounds like a great vacation. May you and Harry have a wonderful time!

Cheryl said...

Congratulations on your ordeal being over. How smart to celebrate with a trip. Have a great time with your Harry!