Monday, May 11, 2009

Reef

This post is to document some of the work and progress in building our new reef. I didn't really edit the slide shows - too many things to do. The first slide show is from the day we evacuated the old 225 gallon tank (the one with the broken braces). Please remember that I know very little about creating slide shows - and a lot of other things, too.


Here's a few pics of the new setup. I didn't include pics of the 100 gallon sump/filter, the calcium reactor, or the various lights, and timers. Just too much info and not interesting to anyone anyway.

Everything is in place in the new reef. Fish, coral, and critters seem to be content. It takes several days for things to settle in and the water to get crystal clear again. Pictures of the finished project will have to wait until then.

I have to extend my sincere thanks to Brad at Kuboto Farm for supporting me in my selection of new heat/air conditioning systems for the room. Brad, you're a true friend - Harry and I appreciate the time you and Jay took to give us your opinion of the Carrier ductless system. The local Carrier dealer will be here Wednesday morning to install.

Enough time blogging for today. When Jesse is out of school today we are going to buy 'summer shoes'. Have I mentioned that I claim the boys' sue buying - I love it!!!

5 comments:

Smocha said...

Wow! It's going to be beautiful. I had no idea it was that extensive.

I had just pictured a couple regular old fish tanks. :)

Jamie said...

What a gorgeous set up Mary! No wonder this has been such a huge undertaking, like Smocha, I pictured a couple of aquariums...

I hope things are settling down for you now.

Have a great day. Hugs.

Brad said...

Wow, I had no idea it was so big. I love that you can walk around it, almost get lost in it. I know it's a ton of work but it sure looks fun.

Tee said...

OMG! This has been an overwhelming project. Great job! I know you are glad things are winding down. Now, on to the next project.

Cheryl said...

You did a great job with the slide shows. What an enormous amount of work! You must be so relieved to have that project done. Yeah!

And I remembered you're the shoe buyer. You're such a different grandma than my mother.