Friday, June 19, 2009

The Latest Scoop

For the latest scoop on my latest adventure read on - - -

I've been scanned, x-rayed, needled, taped, interviewed (at least 50 times), filled out reams of forms - even told the truth on most of them - and met lots of new folks. I have a team. They are all there to take care of me and I intend to keep them busy. So has been my world for the past week. On Monday I have pre-surgery lab work. If the latest (today's) MRI is considered "OK" - by whom I don't know - surgery will be on Thursday, June 25.

Best case is that I'll have four weeks to heal followed by 35 radiation treatments over a 7 week period. No Chemo involved. If there are "bad cells" in nodes, I'll have chemo followed by radiation. I am just rejecting the idea that there will be "bad cells" and am counting about 12 weeks until this is all a memory. I'm sure some of the memories will be bad but a lot will be good. I'll hold the good memories and release the bad. Meantime, I'm tired. I'm headed for the couch and a nap while Harry cooks.

My best to one and all
Mary

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mary I am so sorry to hear that you have to go through this. You have an indomitable spirit and this cancer seems very amenable to treatment. It's no picnic for sure, but at the end of all the intervention you will have beaten the beast and you will be triumphant. It just sucks that this is going to take up your summer, but you are a trooper. I send you my very best thoughts and positive wishes. I am pulling for you. Keep blogging.

Sue.

Jamie said...

Love you, Miss Mary.

Hang in and hold on.

Always praying for you.

:)

Tee said...

I will continue to keep you in my prayers. Please keep us posted on your progress as you recover. You ARE going to beat this!