Sunday night and the world is sleeping - all except me, that is. Tomorrow I go to the hospital lab to have my pre-surgery lab work completed. Will the lab work, testing, and waiting never end? Of course it will but waiting is never easy for me. I have no energy so I just sit and look at what I need to be doing. I want to get this show on the road and get it behind me.
Sunday gathering happened today and both out of town kids called to wish Harry a happy Father's Day and to ask how I'm doing. It was really good to hear from them and know they are doing well. The little fellows were really sweet to Papa (Harry) and brought him golf tees and a six pack of "adult beverage" (beer). He also has a gift card for his favorite steak house. All in all it was a good day. Oh I forgot to say that Harry cooked a wonderful meal today. James said that Papa's baked chicken breast was the best ever! Jesse's plate spoke for him.
Soul tagged me for this MEME. Here it is:
What makes me happy are these twelve things:
1) Time spent playing and talking with my grandchildren
2) Knowing that I have a loving husband who I love dearly
3) A clean house would make me happy if I had one
4) The quiet time when I can breathe deep and center myself
5) The love and support I feel from my family and friends
6) The smell of fresh air after a rain
7) The open road that leads to new and interesting places
8) Listening to a whippoorwill (Do you know what that is?)
9) Reading a good book
10) Sunsets on the beach
11) Mountain Streams
12) You, my blogging friends, make me very happy
I'm not going to tag anyone but I'd be interested in hearing what makes you happy.