Thursday, November 19, 2009

"Sindows Weven"

Thursday night - yet another week almost gone. It seems that the weeks fly by and I accomplish nothing noticeable. Things are getting better day by day.

Yesterday Harry had an appointment that took him away for the house for a little while. Before he left he told me that I needed to be ready to answer the door because FedEx was delivering a package that someone had to sign for. He frequently has aquarium supplies shipped directly here so I saw nothing unusual in that.

FedEx did make a delivery and asked me to sign. I glanced at the receiving screen (on FedEx guy's electronic delivery gizmo) and saw that I was signing for two boxes. Two boxes were delivered - I signed - FedEx guy thanked me and left. I didn't check to see where the boxes were from nor to whom they were addressed. After a couple of hours I noticed that the boxes were from Dell and they were addressed to ME! Yep, Harry bought a new "big girl" computer for me.

The computer that I'd been using had been a real stinker for two or three months and no one seemed to be able to correct the problem. Harry told me that he hated how rough this summer was for me and he wanted to do something special for me. A new computer was that "something." I don't know what I did to deserve this man but I'm really fortunate that he puts up with my whining.

I can't describe the new computer except that it is new, dust free, and scoots along like a charm. We were discussing the computer after Harry drank a couple or three beers to relax for the evening. With a straight face he asked me how I liked the new "Sindows Weven." We both just cracked up. I guess his day was pretty tiring. "Sindows Weven" it will always be to us.

Gotta rest up 'cause tomorrow is a new day. One never knows what might happen next. I want to be ready.

6 comments:

Smocha said...

woo hoo!!! I'm excited for you. I thought you were gonna say "flowers" a new computer ,even better!

Too funny about the sindows .:)

happyone said...

What a great surprise!! You do have a great guy there!!
Enjoy your new computer and this new day. :-)

SOUL said...

no better lady to get such a gift! i know how angry your other computer has been making you.
happy sindows weven !!!
woo hoo!

hey- lemmee know how that is-- we need to upgrade , we've been talkin about it- but i haven't seen it in action yet.

big hugs LBF!

Golden To Silver Val said...

Wow what a great gift! Yes...please do give us a run down on sindows weven!! LOL. I'm curious to know if this one is a good one. I'm in love with XP and don't really want to change but someday I'll have to and I certainly am going to stay away from Vista after all the horror stories I've heard.

Tee and Hubby said...

WOW what a great gift/surprise! That better than flower, they just wilt. Keep us posted on the Sindows Weven, that is hilarious. Seriously, I hear good things about Windows Seven, we might have to upgrade--we are still operating with Windows 2000, which works really well at the moment, but I know not forever.

Jamie said...

Harry is just an awesome fella. But, why wouldn't he be, he does have you....

Love the slip of the tongue. My mom did that one time and I have never forgotten it, still smile when I think about it.

I am so excited to hear that you are doing so well. It's awesome to have you back.

Hugs, Mary. Happy Thanksgiving. :)