Tuesday, December 11, 2007

A Normal Routine and Happy Plans

Back to the normal routine. I love my routine so I welcome it. I have all our Christmas gifts but still have to wrap them. I like doing the wrap because I can be a bit inventive. Creative outlet, you know. ;-) Everything that needs to be is in the mail and/or shipped. I have my recipes together and will start the serious baking next week. This week is the "Gathering-of-Ingredients" stage of the holiday process.

Our little group made the Christmas plans together. Everyone will be here Christmas Eve. The kids sort of requested a winter breakfast feast served at dinner. Of course, that's a wonderful idea. On Christmas Eve the kids can open their gifts from the aunts, uncles, and Nana and Papa. On Christmas Day, our individual little families can spend part of (or the entire) day at home together - whatever they choose. I'll have an early traditional (for us) dinner for everyone who wants to come and eat on Christmas Day. Harry and I keep everything casual so the young folk don't feel rushed or obligated to meet any schedule because of us. We love having everyone here with us but we're comfortable with each other, too.

We're beginning to get really excited about the new grandbaby. Will it be a girl? Will we have another boy? One of both, perhaps? Papa and Nana are so happy that we will get to spoil this baby, the way we did the boys. By the time baby arrives I'll have my rocking chair warmed up and ready to go. Papa already has his new grandbaby strut turned on. We miss having our granddaughter who lives in Phoenix with us. But we know that their little family is happy in Phoenix so we are happy for them. They are very close with our son-in-law's parents so they aren't alone is the big southwest and our granddaughter has grandparents to spoil her. All is good in our world.

5 comments:

Summer said...

A new picture!!!! I like it!

Lordy. What did you do with all of those fish?

C.A. said...

Mary, you don't know how much I wish I was as organized as you are right now. I have no clue what I will be serving for either Christmas Eve or Christmas Day.

I also can't wait to hear what your new grandbaby is! And some day I'll be waiting to see what my own is also.

I hope you know how much I look forward to reading your posts each day. They're like a little Christmas Gift to start my day out with a smile.

Hugs...

Cindi Ann

Happyone said...

Your Christmas plans sounds just perfect and you are so organized!!
I enjoy wrapping presents also.
I think we all are looking forward to finding out if it's a boy or girl. :-)

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

that's awesome that you could all come up with suitable plans with the family for Christmas...my family is having a challenging time, or should I correct that and say, I'm having a challenging time because of being pulled in too many directions...no one willing to compromise..
hmmm...got 5 more plates available? :)

Always,
Crusty~

Mary said...

Crusty, There's always room at my table for more. I have two rules. 1) Be at home - if you want a snack or more to drink get it. 2) No fussin' and fumin' allowed - if you have a bur under your saddle go to time out until you feel better.