Friday, December 21, 2007

Santa's Watching

This was kids and Nana day. We made a couple of gifts for Mommy and Daddy but didn't get the Sculpey project done. Some things just take longer when you're 4 and 5 years old. Lots of questions to answer and lots of other stuff happens. I'm sure you understand. Since Mommy and Daddy sometimes read my blog I won't say more than that. The boys want "things" to be a secret.

The last two nights have been pretty sleepless for me so I'm really tired tonight. Harry is cooking on the grill (thank heavens) and I'm just being a slug. When I'm a slug, I'm a slug of the worst kind!! I intend to get an early start tonight and get a full night of zzzs.

Yesterday Harry and I went to a movie. He's instructed me not to tell that we went to see this movie so I won't . . NOT! We saw Enchanted. I enjoyed it and so did he even though it's hard for a real man to say the movie was nice. There was no stress, bad language, blood and guts, or bare bodies. Just a cute fairy tale. Wasn't Harry sweet to go with me anyway? I think so.

Dinner is ready. I'm going to be served, eat, and chill. Bedtime will be early. Have a wonderful evening yourself and be good boys and girls. Santa is watching.

10 comments:

Happyone said...

Oh, the presents little kids make for you. You just don't get better presents than that!!

I like those kinds of movies too.
Pleasant dreams. Hope you sleep well.

Michelle said...

The movie sounds great to me. I will have to see if I can talk Armando into going to see it with me. He did watch Lake House with me, so maybe he would this one too. :)

I am sure the gifts will be great when the children finish them and their parents will cherish them.

I've been wrapping Christmas gifts today and having a relaxing evening.

Enjoy the early night!

-M

Cheryl said...

I want to see that movie over Christmas break. I hope tonight finds you getting all the zzzz's you need. I'm about ready for some myself.

Summer said...

I want to see that movie. It looks like a lot of fun!

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

I WANT TO SEE THAT MOVIE!
ANd with Patrick Dempsey for me,...I'm sweating!

That is so cute that you do that with the grandchildren, I'll have to mention that to my mom-you're very involved and that's a wonderful wonderful thing...they grow up fast-is it true that the grandchildren grow up even quicker?

Have a great Saturday! I hope you had lots of rest!
Always,
Crusty~
I'm "trying" to be good, but Damn it, 'Pam' is here! :)
grrrrrrrrrr

josie2shoes said...

Your grandchildren are among the most blessed I know, because you give them the gift of your time and presence! Those little hand-made gifts are always the most treasured. Sure hope you slept better last night. Your hubby is so sweet to attend the movie with you, even if he wants to keep it a secret! :-)

SOUL said...

sounds like a good time. i'm glad you get to spend so much time with your grand kids and other family members..and watch fairy tales with harry.
it all sounds like a really nice "place" to be.

happy satahday

Jamie said...

You and Harry have the sweetest relationship, and you are SUCH a good grandma. I think it sounds so wonderful.

Have a wonderful Christmas!

Mary said...

Thanks everyone for your kind comments. I loved the movie - it has a feel-good quality.

I think the boys parents will thrilled with their gifts. I'll post more about the gifts after Christmas. The boys are learning about keeping secrets and I don't want to let them down.

Yep, Harry and I are a pair - a pair of what I don't know - but we are truly happy and content. My guardian angel tapped the right man for me.

SOUL said...

just cruisin thru to say hello--and happy christmas eve!
hope all is well.. drop a line or two so we know you're ok in here.
:))
latah