Monday, March 16, 2009

Update Regarding Sunday Gathering Day

We survived yet another Friday the 13th. No scars, no battles.

For the past several years I've been basking in the joy of having a big family with lots of laughter and action. Sundays will continue to be gathering day with two of our sons and families. However, changes are in the works. Buddy, Sarah, and Mav won't be here. They are moving to Wisconsin to be close to Sarah's parents. She is homesick so they are making this move work for them. Wisconsin is a bit far for routine Sunday trips. Judy, Rick, and Maddie have bought a home in Phoenix. Phoenix is a bit far for routine Sunday trips. We've enjoyed the past few years but we know that all the children have to live their own lives. All we can do is wish them well and love them.

Keith and Joe if the two of you decide to pick up home and family and move away Harry and I are going to really feel like no one loves us. Nothing like a guilt trip - nothing like a mother to apply that guilt trip.

Bottom line to all this - besides feeling sad - is that we no longer need as much room for our Sunday antics. I'm going to re-arrange the house so that I'm not looking at empty space with no one to fill it. This means that, in addition to preparing for the new reef tanks, there will be lots of moving and re-purposing of space going on in this house. It will keep me busy.

Life as we know it can change in a heartbeat. Think about that and never miss the chance to tell your family and friends that you love them - if you do. With that I send love and friendship to my blogging friends and family.

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

I know life goes on and change is a part of life, but my heart is breaking a little for you and for your family who will surely miss your warm embrace. I see travel in your future!

happyone said...

Life is full of change and sometimes it is sad. It will make reunions all that much happier. :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh Mary. I know exactly how you are feeling. I am now 1200 miles away from my babies, and I have accumulated enough frequent flyer miles to buy my own jet. If there is a positive side to this, it is that when you get together, the visits will be that much sweeter. This is your time and this is Harry's time with you. It was for me, like rekindling an old friendship with Bruce. Weekends had been filled with cooking and tidying and preparing. Now we can just do as we wish, fully knowing that we all love each other in our far flung family, but that life goes on. A big hug to you.

Sue.

Anonymous said...

This post makes me sad. I know there are always changes in life, but we all want our family close to us. Perhaps this will give you and Harry a little more freedom to expands your sphere on the weekends. ;-)

Jamie said...

Oh, I know what you are saying, you are happy for them, and want them to live the way that makes them happy, but I know in some ways, your heart has to be breaking. You are such a good mom and I know there will be many visits from all of them. Besides, now you will have another place or two to visit!

I hope you are well. Hugs, Mary.