Friday, September 28, 2007

Movie, Popcorn, Sprite, and Rose Bushes

Hubby and I went to the neighborhood theater this afternoon for a matinee showing of The Brave One. Jodie Foster is outstanding in her role. No fancy wardrobe and upscale makeup in this one. . .just Jodie and her intense role. The ending was a surprise to me but it was a satisfying ending. On the way home we stopped at Subway and picked up sandwiches for dinner.

Subway is our favorite place to pick up food to bring home. Neither of us enjoy the fried fast food from most of the popular drive-thru restaurants. I haven't done anything to make me exhausted today and I feel better. Tomorrow is Saturday and I hope the outside temps will allow me to work outside.

A few weeks ago I ordered a new rose bush from a place in/near Tyler Texas. (My mom always thought any rose worth having had to come from Tyler.) It's a heritage rose and has been dubbed Peggy Martin. I've seen the rose many times over the years and always wanted it but could never find it for sale. The rose was rediscovered following hurricane Katrina. It was blooming among the ruins and desolation. The lady who owned it is named Peggy Martin. She allowed cuttings to be taken and propagated for sale if a portion of each sale went to a fund associated to revival of New Orleans. It seems that no one knew the name of the rose so the nursery named it "Peggy Martin". Anyway the rose was delivered on Thursday and is a beautiful plant. I hope to get it in the ground tomorrow morning. Did I think to mention that it has no thorns? Even mature plants are thornless. In case anyone is interested I found it at Chamblee's Rose Nursery.

I'm going to sign off for now. Hubby and I are going to eat our Subway sandwiches early and watch news or whatever. My best to everyone. Plan for and have a fun weekend.

2 comments:

sonia a. mascaro said...

Just dropping by to say hello and thank you so much for your visiting and nice words on my blog Anniversary!

Have a nice weekend!

SOUL said...

i can't read this one yet....cuz we may go see that tonight..and didn't want to know if you gave it away or not.
my kid is notorious for seeing a movie then telling ALL about it, to where i won't even want to see it anymore. :((
otherwise..how are you?
i'll be back.