Saturday, July 5, 2008

Last Half of The Weekend

Each of the kids - young and old - enjoyed their 4th of July in their own way. Harry and I watched a little TV (nothing special) while sitting together on the sofa, waited for the rain shower, and then went to bed like good old farts. All that noise and big crowds are for the young folks. Our holiday will be tomorrow which is our regular gathering day. Harry will do the honors on the grill. I'll make a big fresh mixed fruit salad, fruit dip, salad, and a veggie. Mary will bring her special slaw and cornbread. The beer, sodas, fruit drinks, and various other liquid refreshment are already in-house. It should be a good day.

Harry and I watched the Nationwide race Friday night and will watch the Sprint cars race tonight. Daytona is a big weekend for NASCAR. I enjoy hearing the drivers interviewed especially during a rain delay. Those guys (for the most part) have wild senses of humor. It's also interesting to watch the wives who are watching the race. Kim Burton gets so excited and/or tense that she's her own show. One can believe that she is driving every inch of the race with hubby, Jeff. Then there are those drivers who have their lower lip dragging the ground because some "stupid driver" caused problems on the track. Never a dull moment if you just watch the action - not all of which is happening as the cars go 'round and 'round the track.

Time to lope off to find just the right fruit for my fruit salad production.

Thanks for stopping by. Y'all come back anytime.

4 comments:

Happyone said...

All that food sounds wonderful. Have a great day with your family.

Jamie said...

I have to agree with you, the behind the scenes stuff at the track is a show all it's own. I love every minute of it.

Thank you Mary, for sharing what had to be a hard time in your life. You are pretty special, and I just thought you need to know that.

Hugs.

:)

Mary said...

Oops! The old lady lost track of time. The Nationwide race was Friday night not Thursday night. I corrected my post. Thanks, Harry. I'm soooo glad I have you to take care of me.

Anonymous said...

Hubby was highly distressed because he couldn't see the race. We don't have cable. Can you believe that?! You can only watch one station at a time and we watch PBS most of the time along with a couple of Christian stations. The local nightly blues depresses us, so we try to avoid the news. We do follow American Idol when it's one and I don't miss The Office. You see, I worked in that office. LOL!