Monday, July 21, 2008

Shopping and Travel Plans

Monday is used up and a hot Monday it was. Harry and I made our trek to Sam's for our usual buy of paper products, cleaning products, etc. Harry is considering a new digital camera but is having trouble deciding which to buy so we did some looking and collecting info then came home. He said he wants to think it over for a few days. No snap decisions from Harry, let me tell you.

Harry's main concern re a camera is that it will take accurate pics of the corals in the reef at nearly microscopic levels and in true color. This ain't gonna be cheap but I hope he finds exactly what he wants.

On another note, it looks like our vacation this year will be along the NC coast and along the Outer Banks. Harry doesn't like to go on vacation and sit still. Rather he likes to keep moving - seeing and doing different things. We're looking at 9 to 10 days on the road. If anyone has suggestions they would be much appreciated. I was assigned the task of making an itinerary and I'm at a loss. I know things have changed since I was younger and he's never been there. H-E-L-P!! I do know that we need to wait until after school starts and travel before the winter "blow" begins.

On that note, I think I'll go to bed. It makes me tired just to think of trying to put this together. I do want to add, though, that it isn't hard to please Harry - just hard to get plans in place.

9 comments:

Jamie said...

I know it sounds like a difficult task, but I am so jealous! I want to go, too...mind if I stow away?

Have a good day today, miss Mary.

Hugs.

:)

Happyone said...

I love those kinds of vacations. It sounds like fun!!!
Why don't you Google NC attractions and see what comes up. That's how we plan our vacations.

Anonymous said...

http://www.thingstodo.com/states/NC/coast.htm

This looks like a good place to start!

Golden To Silver Val said...

Sounds like fun, Mary. I hope gas prices go back down before you have to leave. Re: yesterday's post...those kids are just BEAMING! It put a smile on my face just to look at them. You can tell they are so proud of their handiwork. Good job!

SOUL said...

psst go to florida :))

Anonymous said...

If you are going to the Outer Banks, then travel a little further north and spend three day in Colonial Williamsburg, and about a half day at Jamestown and Yorktown. Can you tell we love history?

Michelle said...

Armando told me the other day that Nikon cameras were coming down in price. Armando uses a Pentax K100 D-SLR and he likes it. Harry can look at some of his pictures on his blog at http://blog.arloyola.com/

to see the quality of the pictures. It always helps me to see pictures taken with a camera when deciding.

I hope you have a great trip. I have never been to NC so sorry I am not any help. :(

Big hug,
Michelle

Mary said...

I googled, searched AAA, and pulled my hair out. The web site (..thingstodo...)is a very good site and I've bookmarked it. The plan is expanding - all the way to Atlantic City. I don't know when Harry thinks we have the free time for a road tour. Also, I don't think he's going like living in a tent or under a bridge. I know I won't. It could happen if the plans keep expanding.

My suggestion is to rent a cabin in the mountains for a couple of weeks and escape the rush of the world and this oppresive heat. But then I chose last vaca this time it's Harry's turn.

Cheryl said...

It's been years since I've been to the Outer Banks, but I still think there's not much to do there. I'd go for Myrtle Beach. Lots of live entertainment. We've been to two shows and loved them. Not far from plantations. Civil war stuff. Beautiful gardens. Miniature golf. Horseback riding. Shopping. Nascar stuff. Oh, and a great beach.