Sunday, October 12, 2008

Sunday Reflections

The new header picture is a peep into our back yard. The brown leaves in the foreground is the "Miss Kim" lilac. It drops its leaves very early.

The leaves of the Tulip Popular are beginning to turn. Before long both the Tulip Popular and the Gingo Tree will be blazing yellow.

I'm trying to concentrate on things outside of myself. Fall is my favorite season and I'm making the most of it. Fall is a time to be thankful for the bounty of the harvest and a time of calm while the land prepares to sleep and dream of yet another spring awakening.

The kids will be here soon. Plans for Halloween pumpkins should be a topic of conversation today. We also need to discuss James and Jesse's B'day party and the kind of cake I need to build. I can't believe they are 5 and 6 already. Maddie is bearing down on being 2 and Baby Hooper (aka Mav) is 6 months. Time really, really flies.

Mav was here to share the Friday play day with James an Jesse. He is really interested in every move the older boys make. They were playing with matchbox cars and Mav was holding his "6 month appropriate" Fisher Price dump truck. Mav was active as part of the crew of boys for the first time. Our blessings abound.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you visit again soon.

7 comments:

desert dirt diva said...

I like the new header..have a great time..

Anonymous said...

I'm with you, I love fall of the year.

Anonymous said...

Be sure to tell jesse and james uncle Ricky says "Have A great birthday" and that I will see them both real soon.

Golden To Silver Val said...

Oh Mary...what a pretty backyard you have! (your header) I'm sorry to hear about your knee. I have a bad knee also...my left one. It will behave for quite a while then act up on a whim. I always have to be careful with it. I had surgery on that knee for a torn meniscus and its never been the same since. Maybe some things are just better off left alone. God Bless and take it easy!! Feel better soon. Big hugs.

happyone said...

Such a nice back yard you have!!
I like the color of your text - I think it's easier to read.

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

you have a beautiful back yard..I would love to sit under the tree with just myself and the sounds of your back yard.
Very pretty!!

very very peaceful...
you're very lucky! :)

Michelle said...

I like your back yard, so pretty. We have a tulip popular tree in our backyard and it is my favorite tree! I love the shapes of the leaves and the golden yellow color when the leaves have changed.

I am trying to catch up on your blog, so behind on blog reading. I have been studying a lot lately and not much blog reading time.

Happy Belated Bday!

Love,
Michelle