Friday, January 16, 2009

Ramblin About Little

Oh what a week it was, it really was! The weekend promises to be interesting, too.

This was my day with Jesse and James. James spent the day with me and I picked Jesse up after school. We went to the shoe store and the boys got new athletic shoes and socks. They both got to "spin the wheel" for socks. I don't think they'll need socks for some time. Well, maybe dress socks but not crew socks. Mary, their mom, is out of town for a few days so I baked a pork loin roast for Keith and the boys. They are having a "Boys Fun Three-Day Weekend" complete with videos, games, and special food. Maybe they'll even have a fire in their wonderful fireplace.

Tomorrow (Saturday) Harry and I go to Nashville, TN, for a reefer's sale and swap. It'll be fun to see a few other reefers that we know and to meet others. (Remember our brand of reefers are coral reef hobbyists.)

It is cold here in the sunny south. 9 degrees this morning. Yes, NINE!! I know some of you will laugh at me but, darn, that's cold. Temps aren't predicted to be above freezing for at least three more days. Brrrrrrrrrrr! The good side of that is: The insect population will be reduced to tolerable next summer.

We'll be recognizing Harry's birthday on Sunday. Now he's as old as I am. He likes to remind me that I'm the oldest. Yeah, big deal - less than 3 months. Hey, I'm the oldest so I get to be the boss. Right?

Good night to all.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

I can't believe it's so cold down south! We're at least in the teens here.

Enjoy your weekend!