Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Put Your Feel-Bad in Timeout

Today was my "Maxine Day". I did cook dinner but that aside I didn't accomplish anything. Another day behind. Who'll know a hundred years from now?

The four year old grandson was running a fever (100 degrees) this morning so his mom didn't let him come over to play with me. He said his head and legs were all wobbly and his tummy tickled when he tried to eat. I called to ask about him late today. His mom asked if he felt better. His reply was: "I told my bad feeler to go to the door. I'm through with him." Translation: He put his his "bad feeler" in timeout. Children have a way with words that is unbelievable. Everyday is a new adventure.

I began reading a Robert Morgan book this evening. "The Only Thing to Fear" is different from other books I've read by the same writer but still good - a little on the wooo-wooo side but good. Halloween reading, right? I finally located a couple of used Francis Parkinson Keyes hardback books and ordered them. She was a wonderful writer who wrote from the early 1900s until the 1950's. Her books are hard to find but a treasure when you do.

As usual I have nothing earth moving to talk about. Just another day in the life of an old lady. I am thankful to have had the day and hope for many more.

Have a wonderful hump-day.

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

I had to look up this book because it didn't sound like anything the Robert Morgan I know would write. I don't think this is the same author of Gap Creek.

Hey...at least you wrote today. That's more than I can say. Of course, I did work!

Mary said...

You're correct Cheryl. This writer isn't nearly as good. I have "The Balm of Gilead Tree" "Gap Creek" and "The Truest Pleasure" by your author.

SOUL said...

i wanna put my feel bad in time out. but it won't go to the door when i tell it to. can i borrow the kid?

have a good night.

C.A. said...

ACK! I am sick also. I'm going to borrow that idea, and put my own feel bad in timeout. Don't you love some of the things that come out of childrens mouths? :)

josie2shoes said...

Hi Mary! Please send me your email so I can send you your question One Question Wednesday. Mine is josie2shoes@yahoo.com