Monday, October 1, 2007

Just Ramblin' Through the Day

I've been sitting in the back yard listening to and watching the birds. Some are trying to fatten up for the trip south and others are settling in for winter. The bird feeders are serving full time, non-stop goodies. I did a little yard work - very little mind you - and was sitting back there resting. I couldn't be lazy could I? No, not me.

I have confirmation that my nephew, Ricky will be coming "back east" from southern California at the end of November. I can hardly wait to see him and hear all he's been up to over the past year or so. When I tell the grandsons that Cousin Ricky will be visiting they will get their magic carpet ready and lay out all their toys.

My father was married before my mother and had three girls and one boy. They were much older than me and lived far away. Ricky is a son of my youngest sister. She passed away a couple of years ago after a long, full life. But this story is about Ricky. He has been married to a lady with the sweetest smile. I don't know her very well but she must be special because Ricky has been married to her for years - around 30, I think. As a teen the beach and surf were Ricky's first loves aside from girls, that is. He's still a charmer with wonderful manners and kind words for everyone. Kinda handsome, too, if I do say so. (Take a bow, Ricky)

Thinking of Ricky brings to mind southern California and the San Diego area. I spent some work time there at the Naval center. It's a beautiful area and I enjoyed my time there but I heard a rumor that it might fall off into the ocean so I wouldn't want to live near the coast and inland it's hotter than two hells. The mountains and drives through them are really pretty but on the inland side the weather and land are harsh.

Dinner this evening will be leftovers. I try not to have a lot of left-overs but . . .what can I say other than no cookin' tonight. Just microwave and chow down. Looking forward to reading about your day. Hope it was a happy one.

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

I like that...ramblin' through the day. My days off are like that. So is my writing sometimes.

We had pasta with meatless meatballs and sauce. The meatballs were from Trader Joe's and they were about the best ones I've ever had. My daughter is a vegetarian, and these tasted like the real thing.

Great news that you'll get to see your nephew Ricky. Something to smile about!

SOUL said...

hey, i heard that rumor too... :))
i used to live out there .. wouldn't go back tho.
i get to see two of my three nephews next month... so..cheers!

hope you had a good monday.. with your birds and yardwork aand leftover fest etc.

Anonymous said...

Just sent your blog site address to aunt Beaty. Being a night owl she may even take the time to check it out this evening. By the way my lovely bride Claudia and I will be celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary this December 2nd, the day after I return from the south. Should be a great time. As they say "abstinence makes the heart grow fonder" or somthing like that. Can hardly wait to see you kid

Summer said...

Hello Ricky!

I loved your day Mary.