Monday, March 15, 2010

Spring Break

It's Spring Break week here and the kids are looking forward to all sorts of "special treats." Short trips, special play dates, eating in "big" restaurants, and much more is on their agenda. No worries with this. When, in a few years, trips with friends get into the mix will be time enough to be concerned. /<

Spring is trying to peek through the dreariness of winter. It can't get here soon enough to suit me. Old Man Winter was in a terrible mood - the worst since I moved to North Alabama many years ago. There is a blessing from the winter though. It brought enough rain to end our deep drought.
We have a large screened porch that has mostly been used to store birdseed and outside toys through the winter. A chipmunk, mouse, or squirrel has found a way to get in the porch and has torn into the birdseed. My son has a live trap so I borrowed it to catch the varmint. It's been three days and no luck yet. A neighbor suggested that I put poison out there because pets have no access to the porch but I don't want to do that. I'd rather catch the varmint and release it in the Green Mountain Wildlife area. When we catch it I believe we'll find that it is a chipmunk. I don't want to kill it.


Time to get started on dinner - Harry and I are old folks and old folks eat early. None of this "Dinner at Eight" business for us. Until later. Thanks for visiting with me.

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

I'm loving seeing the first signs of spring. It's exciting. I hear spring in the chirps outside my window. I can't wait till the days of sitting on my porch with my laptop watching the hummingbirds. I can't wait to see green.

Enjoy Spring Break with your boys!

happyone said...

I can't wait for spring either. I love sitting out back on the deck.
I don't ever remember a winter before when we had snow on the ground all winter long here. It's been some winter!!!

Such a cute little chipmunk. :-)

harry said...

Dinner at 8? At 8 I usually get up to go to the bathroom!

Smocha said...

My husband always makes us wind up eating dinner too late. Not only is the food jerky by the time we eat ,but it's probably making us fat too!

Dang workaholics:)

Jamie said...

Old or not, I like to eat dinner early, too. I am hungry then...plus, I hate to go to bed feeling stuffed. Yes, I know I shouldn't feel that way after eating, but that is another post. :)

I'm happy your blogging break is over. Have a wonderful time this week.

Hugs, friend. :)