Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Nothing New

Today is James' first day of pre-school. The boys were here for a little while last evening. Two boys in different schools and a "parents must attend" orientation meeting for both scheduled at the same time. Mommy and Daddy are about to enter into several years of frustration. The boys always have a place here while parents take care of these "must attend" meetings - or any other time, for that matter.

I did sleep Monday night but was a big groggy all day yesterday. I'd never taken a whole Ambient tablet before and I did a number on me. I think if - and when - I ever take another sleep aid it won't be Ambien.

Today is another busy day with me doing very little. Jesse will be here after school while Mommy takes James to music class. Jesse likes to be busy all the time so I need to sit down and think of something fun to do. He loves tic-tac-toe and will play for a long time but I'm not much of a game player. We may do a bit of gardening if weather isn't too hot. He enjoys that.

I'm dealing with a bit of stress - not related in anyway with the kids - but will get a handle on it. I'm so much more lucky than several of of my readers that I feel like a wus for even mentioning it.

Shirley and I had a good shopping trip looking for rugs. She is looking for an appropriate oriental - wool NOT silk - rug. It's easy to find these rugs but hard to find a pattern and color combination that fits. I'm glad that Shirley is cautious and slow to make these decisions. We will be looking again in a few days and bringing a couple home to try. I don't believe we've seen THE rug yet, but in time, we will.

Nothing exciting here. Just another day in the life of a couple of old farts. That's a good thing! My best to everyone.

6 comments:

Smocha said...

Ditto that! We are very lucky to be having "regular old fart days" :)

My neighbor had her two grandsons yesterday age 3 and 4, ha! I had forgotten how hyper little boys are.

You DO need your sleep:)

*clink* here's to hoping all MY grandkids are girls. LOL

Brad said...

It's great that the oriental rug store will let you take them home and try them. I know from experience that what looks great in the store and seems to be the right colors doesn't always work out in reality. I'm hoping some new rug shopping will be in my not to distant future !

Hope your well - B

Anonymous said...

Little boys always keep you busy. All of my nephews are grown and we miss having sleep overs for them. It was fun, so enjoy them while they are young and excited about most everything. As for the Ambien, take a half and be in bed when you take it. It's wonderful stuff. :-)

Cheryl said...

Some days are nothing new kind of days. I'm usually fine with them, and when I'm not I go swimming. What will I do after Labor Day?

Golden To Silver Val said...

I can't believe how fast this summer is flying by. We haven't had much of a summer here as far as I'm concerned. Not too many really hot days so far. I have my Mom and Dad's oriental rug that used to be in front of the fireplace. I believe that rug is about 75 years old. Mom always said it was valuable...she had inherited it from her mother. I just put it down in the winter.
Mary, I hope whatever is causing your stress is soon resolved and that everything is ok. Sure wish there was a way we old-timers could live our lives without any stress but I don't think that's possible...so all we can hope for is God's blessing to help us through it. Thank you for your kind words while I was going through some major drama in my family. That boy came to me with tears in his eyes and apologized for upsetting me so. He was overwhelmed by the toys that wealthy people enjoy. No excuse...but that's it. He does seem remorseful...hmmmmm...we'll see. As for my SON...that's a whole 'nother matter and one that won't be resolved quickly. His loss. Hugs.

Michelle said...

I am sorry you are having stress right now. I will be sending positive thoughts your way and wishing the stressful times move away for you soon!

Rugs are beautiful. I always think I want one but they do not really get along with my wheelchair well so practicallity usually wins out. But I still look at them in the stores! I hope she finds the perfect one. :)

Bless the little grandsons. They are adorable. I hope you had fun no matter what you did together.

By the way, I tried a milkshake tonight and I thought about you. Thanks for the suggestion. It was a whopper protein wise, carnation instant breakfast, milk and icecream. That should help me gain weight.

Big Hug,
Michelle