Saturday, November 10, 2007

Trees

Below are the long awaited trees. They're in the ground and all tucked in for winter.





Japanese Maple at front of house, Willow Oak (our lawn - neighbor's house), Chaste Tree at side of house

Today is being a lazy day. We're eating out so no cooking. I finally feel rested and will be ready to roll tomorrow. I'm looking forward to next week and inside progress. It will happen in time.


I've been Internet shopping for appropriate fabrics for a project I'm going to be doing. My favorite fabric store is G-Street Fabrics in Rockville, MD. They also have a couple of other sites in the DC area. If I can't find anything to suit me I may make a trip to shop there. I wish they had a web site that allowed shopping. It would be a 13 hour trip one way but I've made the drive to DC many, many times so it's no big deal. Harry is going to read this and have a seizure!! He doesn't relish a trip north in the almost winter time. We'll see how this goes. I'm also planning a few days on the Gulf coast in January to rest up after the holidays.



Can you tell I'm about over my "never going to travel again" phase? Have a wonderful weekend, everyone.

6 comments:

Cheryl said...

The trees look great. You were so smart to have them professionally planted. I wish I had room for more trees in my yard. I so want a Redbud.

We have a super Jo-Ann's nearby. I've bought all my window treatment fabric from there. I've heard G-street is fabulous.

What's on the menu tomorrow? Full house?

Sharyna said...

I love your trees!!

sharyna

Summer said...

Make gravy today Mary.

I love the trees and the color of the brick of your house. You don't see that around here, just southern homes. I wonder why that is.

Anyway, I'm glad you're feeling better. Enjoy your family today.

josie2shoes said...

Trees, what are trees? Oh yes, those leafy things, I remember them from my childhood now! LOL There are trees down here, just not so many. I love the Japanese Maple most of all - beautiful!

Summer said...

Good Gravy!!

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

YOu have a beautiful yard!! I love it..so pretty! And such beautiful bricks-that is quite popular now..or rather making a huge comeback, brick-faux and all..but yours is so pretty and warm too!!

Good luck with the trip..plan it around the snow-hahah...I'd go gulfcoast first..sounds much safer!

Always,
Crusty~