Monday, January 7, 2008

Brown Buster Brown Oxfords

Beautiful warm day today here in north Alabama. Record high of 73. If it holds true that "Red sky at night, sailors delight. Red sky in morning, sailor take warning." is correct we'll have another good day tomorrow. Guess we'll have to wait and see what happens.

The youngest grandson came to play with me this morning but we played inside. He wanted to play a video game that's on Noggin. The little rascal can 'click around the screen' with the best of them. When I was 4 years old I was still learning to wave bye-bye. I read a little in one my new mags this afternoon and then helped Harry pack corals for shipment to three folks. (One in NC, one in MN, and one in TX) Didn't cook - lots of leftovers to feast on.

I've been playing around in my mind. Trying to find the files in my brain that hold memories. I find that most of the memories I kept are either silly or good. Not too many bad ones were saved. In thinking about my sister, Beatrice, I remember finding a picture of her with a dance partner. She was wearing a dress that was very chic at the time, I'm sure. Apparently the picture was taken during a dance contest of some sort. I was absolutely certain she was a movie star. Little country girl, me, could not imagine having a dress like that much less being allowed to take part in a dance contest. I had to wear those fashionable Buster Brown lace-up oxfords in a lovely shade of brown. She was wearing lady shoes - yes, she must be a movie star. Below is the picture I'm telling you about. Life must have been grand in Beatrice's world back then.


Enough for one night. Hope we all sleep well and pain free tonight. Off to bed - last one in is a rotten egg.


6 comments:

Michelle said...

Beatrice looks beautiful and she does look like a movie star!

We fly out the day after tomorrow for Chile. I've made my list and checked them more than twice. LOL

I am well, don't worry. I'll keep in close contact with you by email.

((big hug))
Michelle

Jamie said...

What a beautiful pic of a beatiful girl! No wonder you thought she was a movie star. Thanks for posting, it made me smile. :)

SOUL said...

that is a very nice pic.. i looked at it for a long time..making sure i saw allll of it. i love old photos, and she is very pretty. like a movie star... just like you thought. and if you wouldn't have said different i woulda thought the same thing.
have a great day.

Happyone said...

I remember those Buster Brown shoes well - I hated mine, but my mom said that they were good for my feet. :-) She must have been right because with all the walking I do, my feet are fine. :-)

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

you have a beautiful sister! Many comforting wishes for you guys!!
Always,
Crusty~

Cheryl said...

It must have been like having two moms...one very glamorous, and the other, your real mom. We all wore those Buster Brown shoes too.