Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Big Plans

I noticed for the first time today that the birds are beginning their yearly migration. The bird feeders are busy with some little jewels just getting fat for a trip further north, and others are arriving hungry. There are just a few now but more will come. Tomorrow morning I have to fill all the feeders that are scattered around the yard. I wish these squirrels would stay on their side of the fence and leave the bird's feeders alone. There's corn and pecans for them across the fence. You may make note that all I can find to gripe about is where the squirrels eat. Wouldn't you say that's a bit petty?

I did a bit of shopping today for the Friday night sleepover. A new sleeping bag for each boy is something I'm going to surprise them with. I also found some swords (they are 'into' pirates right now) that you pour bubble "stuff" in. When you wave the sword bubbles come out. It's an outside toy but they should enjoy waving their swords and challenging the make belief bad guy. I bought some new sidewalk chalk. We'll try our luck at hop-scotch. I have a couple of new DVDs for after dark and new pajamas to wear while we watch them and eat popcorn and chips. Saturday morning we'll all be worn out. The time is fast coming when these 'dates' will no longer be something the boys want to do. I'm making hay while the sun shines, so to speak. I'm no saint - I enjoy this as much as the boys do.

Harry went to bed early. I think I'll head that way now. A wish for your perfect tomorrow and a hasty "Goodnight" takes me outta here.

-------------------------------
Couldn't sleep - still awake at midnight. I changed the header picture to one Ricky sent me of the dessert bloom. That's Cucamonga Peak (7,200 ft el.) in San Bernardino County, Ca, in the background. There's been a lot of rain in the dessert that is bringing an impressive dessert bloom this year.

Back to bed. Hope I can sleep now.

6 comments:

Jamie said...

What a beautiful photo. It's hard to believe there is such beauty in other places, when around here, it is still brown and ugly. Oh well, that pic gives me hope.

Once again, I must say that you are the best Grandma EVER. Those boys already have the greatest gift of all time - the memories of YOU and all that you have done to make their world special. Awesome.

I hope you slept well.

:)

bonnie said...

I gripe about the squirrels too. I was thinking of offering them their own food to keep them off the feeders but I think they'd just eat both. Your sleepover plans sound like wonderful fun. May I join you? I'll bring my own bag.

Happyone said...

Your new header is so pretty.
I love to play hopscotch!! Your sleep over sounds like lots of fun. I'm sure you will all have a great time and make lots of happy memories.

SOUL said...

i'm comin over-- you have the funnest sounding parties, and the best food ! :))

hope you're havin a happy day-- and can sleep better tonight--
laterz

Cheryl said...

I love your new header too. It's hopeful. And your plans with the grandkids? How fun for them and you. You were made to be a grandma, and they'll always love you.

Sleep well tonight!

bonnie said...

I LOVE your header. It doesn't get any more beautiful than that. It makes me feel privileged to be alive to appreciate it (gee, it's just a picture).